Towards a schizomythology of ritual
(V). Uphill into ravishing light flows a rigorous casing of opinion
Dancing did Io birth that city, Norlia, wood-strong son
Whom craft-avid, mouth-lush young girls would fain sing admiring of
And famous Dudu snatch a storm of strumming from his triply
Strung ktar: swart Atta’s wing-bright gift no pavid virgin could match.
And Atta’s gift, too, this hollow ktar-cup of basswood cut, rim
Pot stop word of which Rumi’s lyric plays dull mirror, lacking,
In that dusky land, lupanar joys and six strong strumming bards
Transfusing luscious round fruit to liquid music of wild pitch.
Allow us to abandon, if you will, what’s typically, and all too soon, and for far too long, a convivial habitus of study, a worn-out locus [2
] unwon by scholars too lazy to drag stooping body from boxwood stool, too drunk on cocktails of myth and ritual to focus on (or commit) anything but social cultural linguistic artifactual acts of custom and habit (that is to say, things anthroposophological, which our implicational riff, our analytical drift (profound gift for which I say, Thank you, Io! Thank you, Dudu! Thank you, Atta!) of word and thought and act of avid inquiry, has most lushly put forth as simply a subbranch of, caudally, schizomythology and, rostrally, sociophysiology) — as I was saying, I will abandon all that, not just to point out (which I will, I will!), as if to a gap in a chart or blank part of a wall-hung map, but sift through, comb through, prod and grasp and, in a word, glom a lucid snatch of that to which allusion was drawn in that fourth part [3
] of my own schizomythological slant of an opus of which this, by run and by right, is fifth in a full witch’s train of day by night scribbling. And if lackadaisical flipping back and forth through this or that atlas [4
] of staid womaninity turns you on or not, man, turn back, I say, turn back! to my Manicarnic Paradigm of Schizomythology (MPS) [5
] and add a fifth column, as follows:
MC : nonhuman
MS : paramanic pancarnic
RR : panconflictual
IO : sosigonic parasitism
OA : supravoluntary
RA : taboo sub rosa
With this firmly in mind, and gripping twin stabilizing cantos fast and high as anchor, sail, flag, or rail, I bid you aim your ardor toward a tiny natural history of vast import involving, as I’d claim (and as my modifications of illustrations show), cyclic parasitism, triply stung, of man, snail, and lazy oa by Oosdoli urvysc
, a polar cnidosporidian protoctist. Following Turbo and Vighan [6
], I supply a summary of what’s known:
Fig. 1. Situation in Hamiltonia. (A) Moanzy host cytoplasm sustains sutric invasion by Oosdoli sporoplasmids; cytoplasmic transformation, rapid binary fission, and cytoplasmic lysis follow with a burst of Oosdoli cnidocysts. (a) Nimloidu swallow Moanzy scat containing cnidocysts. (B) In Nimloidu gut, chaotic fusion of multipolar anisogamic Oosdoli oocysts churns out syncytial polysomic sporocysts. (b) Norlian gourmands savor pavonian Nimloidu in which parasitism by Oosdoli is rampant. (C) Induction of haptomonad photophilic Oosdoli sporoblasts from gut-bound sporocysts via mustard-biocatalysis prompts phototrophic ritualization in human hosts. (c) By munching on human carrion, Moanzy fulfill cyclic parasitic natural history of Oosdoli.
In its GI tract, primary symptomatic host Moanzy ninsrata (lazy oa) sustains sutric invasion (si) of its cytoplasm by stringy pinocytotic sporoplasmid (sp) forms of Oosdoli, such that cytoplasmic transformation (ct), including usurpation of normal mitochondrial and ribosomal functioning, of host occurs, allowing sp, shorn now of undulipodia, to multiply rapidly through binary fission, upon which cytoplasmic lysis (cl) follows with a bright burst of compact thorny Oosdoli cnidocysts (cc) (Fig. 1A). Thus is unusual morphology of Moanzy brought about mainly, it is thought, through hormonal induction by si, ct, and cl impacting upon subsidiary outgrowths of, in particular, its proboscoid rhamphus. A bird displaying such signs of critical inflammation (anthropomimicry, torpor) may void thousands, nay, millions of Oosdoli cc in its droppings.
Norlian snails (Nimloidu spp.), during consumption of Moanzy droppings (Fig. 1a), swallow Oosdoli cc which profit from granulocytic action of that mollusk’s qualmy innards by donning a capsular polysaccharidal shroud in which transfiguration into multipolar anisogamic oocysts (oc) can vouch a happy coming about (Fig. 1B). By duos and by trios, by quartals and by quintals, chaotic fusion of oc churns out syncytial polysomic sporocysts (sc) of Oosdoli which, dormant but for phototactic chromaticism, drift casually throughout this pansymptomatic host’s anatomy, imparting to gastropodal pallium an alluring pavonian glint.
In a distant mountain land, gastropod-loving humans, Norlian gourmands — gossip-loving crows, too — traditionally savor Nimloidu
in a cumin and mustard roux au jus (Fig. 1b; crows, raw: not in illustration, not in analysis (nor jays — pity!)). Cooking kills oc
gutbound in snails, but mustard, paradoxically, acts as a sort of biostatic catalyst, kiss-coupling undulipodia growth with mitotic division. From sc
sprung in a pouch of human colon, and hiding now in blood and lymph, haptomonad sporoblasts (sb
) of Oosdoli
girt with photophilic plastids, swim languidly about, spiraling, twisting, turning, pivoting, prompting not harm but joy (in parasymptomatic host individuals with intact immunological capability, that is), subsisting on naught but apoptotrophy, and wait, wait, wait, as I’ll show in my sixth Towards a schizomythology of ritual
], for a particular slant of light (Fig. 1C). Cut to a shot of things final. Custom commands that Norlians accomplish burial by stuffing an individual’s mortal chaff into Moanzy
roosting pits (natural catacombs occurring in high mountain locations); anthropophagic Moanzy
gulp down such human carrion, grim shadows of rituals past, taking in Oosdoli sb
which split apart into insidious sp
(Figs. 1c and 1A).
In contrast to this situation of sosigonic stability (sss
) obtaining in Hamiltonia, in Babylonia — dusky land from which Moanzy
was long ago shot to nullity by both toxophilic and match-lock toting countryfolk of numb rapacity — Oosdoli
transforms into a doubly maturational polysyngamid causing, in its human host, a mood affliction commonly known as Ishtar’s Hand
. To wit:
Fig. 2. Situation in Babylonia. (A) Maturation of Oosdoli from sporoplasmid to cnidocyst occurs in ionis astra of Girtablullu warrior guardnymphs. (a) Girtablullu sting at dusk or dawn transmits cnidocysts to panprimary human host. (B) Luxuriant invasion by Oosdoli of human blood and skin spurs a pancyclic history involving panoocysts, pansporocysts, pan-sporoblasts, and pan-sporoplasmids which mix and match promiscuously (not shown), causing morosity minus morbidity. Parsimonious thought posits Ishtar’s Hand as anti-rubotic fallout following upon natural historic doubling of parasitic cyclicity in panprimary host. (b) Transmission of Oosdoli occurs by gulping down of human scat by Nimloidu. (C) Typical cc–oc–sc cycling of Oosdoli occurs in Nimloidu gut. (c) Consumption of Nimloidu by Girtablullu imago and micronymph transmits Oosdoli sporocysts into (D) GI tract of Girtablullu such that induction of Oosdoli sporoblasts from sporocysts is brought about. (d) Girtablullu warrior guard-nymphs subsist only on trophallaxis for which solicitation of both imaginal and micronymphal instars is stood for as commonly typical in this organism.
Lacking primary host Moanzy, Oosdoli inhabits ionis astra (‘poison glands’, sg. ionic astrum) of warrior guard-nymphs of Girtablullu nyctonostici Strick., a nidicolous nocturnal portal scorpion found lurking in dark doorways, stairways, and dry old jars of marshland agriculturalists’ shacks. Oosdoli maturation from sp to cc involving si, ct, cl, loss of undulipodia and binary fission as told in 1.1 occurs in this infraprimary host (Fig. 2A). But wait! With just a flick (ow) of a Girtablullu guard-nymph’s stinging tail, Ishtar’s Hand kicks into action (Fig. 2a).
Transmission of cc via Girtablullu guard-nymph sting (Fig. 2a), and, thus, not into GI tract as usually occurs in Norlia from human consumption of Nimloidu (Fig. 1b), but straight into blood and skin, spurs normally staid Oosdoli into staging an unusually luxuriant invasion consisting, at first, of burrasca (profound local inflammation) and, as a sort of ingratiating postscript to that incommodious wound, total body pangamy fulfilling a pancyclic history such that cc, thriving on and in human blood, transforms to panoocysts (poc), poc to pansporocysts (psc), psc to pansporoblasts (psb), and psb to pansporoplasmids (psp) which mix and match promiscuously within this panprimary host’s brain (morosity of Ishtar’s Hand, at this locus, minus morbidity, charts a path of, by turns, lust and sorrow, guilty passion and impositional languor), and finally siphon ciliarically off, by way of usual si, ct and cl, into cc, producing bilious goatish mucoid scat (Fig. 2B or 2b).
snails (brought to Babylonia by craft-avid mouth-lush young Norlianas slung-bound, sans ktar
, to chariots of infamy and prostitutional traffic, submitting to rank nautchdom, sluttish uxorium, only by torturous proxy and lack of proximity to candid kin of clannish, phratric, or avuncular status) swallow that scat (Fig. 2b). Typical cc
cycling of Oosdoli
occurs (Figs. 1B and 2C). Today is Ulrich’s birthday [8
At dusk you crawl forth, O gonopodal imago of Girtablullu! Plural, ubiquitous, synchronian and yonic, dorsal-clad with scuffling micronymphs, O Girtablullu! Proud warrior guard-nymphs, your loyal kin, kiss in salutation as you pass your thorn-bright tail with waving claws! From shack at dusk you crawl forth, O Girtablullu, spiny black child of Tiamat! In inky night you stalk your timorous food, Nimloidu. That slimy pulp you sting and stun — ow! A cringing flinch of ocular stalk, and into spiral cloud that rainbow curls as if by horrific storm (burrasca) struck! O Girtablullu, Tiamat’s child, into irid whorls of mollusk your own offspring swarm: a hissing glut, an arachnal orgy of storsophagia! Nourishing trophallaxis follows (Fig. 2c). (Phallic individuals hunt hummingbirds, chipmunks, cicadas, dragonfly larva, asps, pangolin pups, and small lizards.) With gutsful of gastropod, O Girtablullu, and micronymphs sluggish on board, you crawl back at dawn to shacks and doors, stairs and jars! Do you know that in your gastric pouch grow sc of insidious Oosdoli, bound by paths fatidic into sb to transform (Fig. 2d)? Probably not!
Back at yon portal, from yonic imago to guard-nymph, trophallaxis, also, transmits Oosdoli (Fig. 2d). A clumsy human stumbling at dawn towards pot or plow risks a Girtablullu guard-nymph’s wrath (Fig. 2a). Watch out!
Got it? Good. Now you may ask: What point has all this for us, for whom Hamiltonia is sad history, and Babylonia, bibliographical curiosity? Just follow my binocular aim as I point my magic wand, a ludict digit, straight out that window and you, too, will spot, far off towards Mount Spitmarkx, a stormy auk (Moanzy burrasca
Strick., 1843) winging it roostward. That bird, too, though not as torpid as Old World M
, shows signs of anthropomimicry. And tracking downhill from tundra, you, too, will spy, among poplar and ash, a mob of dull mirrors winking in rhythm to cloudshadow skating across a patchwork of sun: tin-roof shacks of a slapdash community of poor Intrussyans among whom an affliction similar to Ishtar’s Hand is rampant; among whom also poaching of stormy auk is common. And should you now posit an attribution of causality linking affliction to poaching as it obtains in Wyoming and Flouziana? If you don’t, I will, and, in fact, I shall, as you’ll find out in my sixth TSMR (infra
, § 120
). But for now, I’m still on that hill, with you or without (for what point’s in pointing if you don’t look through your own particular binopair?) [9
], stalking for comparison a natural control group. Focus, focus, focus, got it. Proximal to that locus of Intrussyan habitation, across dark hump of scrub oak, sight skims along an outcropping of obsidian and tufa cut through by brookbank, to tarry among bucolic bustlings of a cut-log borough of Mountain Fukari. In dull sand squats a bright girlchild poking twigs into antlion pits; on porch knits an old woman a rainbow silk icon of Tlaatlata
, gynandromorphic snailman of both Coast and Mountain Fukari myth. Focus on a fulvid frill of mustard banding brookbank: focus again on Tlaatlata’s animal half: among roots and rocks a diurnal population of normally nocturnal Nimloidu nyctonostici
Strick., 1842, shows irid morphology. Could Oosdoli
play a part? And what about mustard, and antlions, and Tlaatlaata, and fact that stormy auk is usually taboo for Fukari? Solution to this conundrum awaits, as I said, my sixth TSMR (voir infra
, § 120
- Intrussyan for ‘storm,’ Babylonian for ‘rash,’ Ityalian for ‘drunk.’
- Glo Barš
- Spanning 21 March to 1 April, usually, ‘anno ballo’ is an all-out dionysiac bacchanalia fraught with such pith of primal impact, such gravity of taboo, that plural ubiquitous synchronian yonic ritual quanta of it ramify schizomythically throughout all of Tagmo-Norlian sociophysiology.
- Popular tag of a hybrid community of Assyrio-Babylonian and Hispano-Slavic immigrants to Mountain Fukari Country in Wyoming and Flouziana, known particularly for its arrant jingoism brought about by a high probability of affliction with a malady similar to Ishtar’s Hand (q.v.); that community’s Hamito-Slavic patois.
- ionic astrum
- ‘Dawn star’ (symbol of Io and Ishtar and Atta and Dudu usw.); ‘poison gland;’ pl. ionis astra.
- Ishtar’s Hand
- Following transmission via ow (q.v.) of Oosdoli urvysc into panprimary human host a particularly nasty but fruitful Babylonian griffin snarls a dolorous mosaic of sociophysiological and schizomythological causation involving modification of individual conduct and habit and concomitant complication of mood (multipolar swings of spiritual inflation and animal morosity, mythic highs and monstrous lows) having impact on political, cultural, historical, and trophic morphological variation within and among populations of Babylonia including promiscuity, social stratification, graphomania, iconalgia, scorpion worship, war, and whatnot.
- (i) Spiral of fortifications surrounding town or city in mountainous Hamiltonia, Norlia in particular; (ii) intoxicating concoction, ruddy in color, lambic in flavor, of cumin, mustard, Nimloidu snails au jus, and various saprophytic bush rust (rats?) and/or bark, drunk hot, cold, warm, putrid and rancid from a rough, ungainly mug during Glo Barš (q.v.); (iii) triply strung Norlian oud; (iv) small book of mystical magical incantations bound, usually, in black goatskin (vid. Ktar og-Firrsan).
- Ktar og-Firrsan
- ‘Book of Distaff Cuttings,’ iconic canonical compilation c. 1600 mixing garrulity and laconicity by Corinthian Tagma scholar, ornithologist, librarian, and birdman Subborainizy listing various crows and jays touching upon Norlia and its curious inhabitants including Patrolius’s Ionis Astra.
- Babylonian word signifying a ‘flick’ of a portal scorpion’s (Girtablullu nyctonostici) stinging tail.
- Schizomythic Babylonian matriarch of storms and scorpions.
- Schizomythic Fukari iconoclastic bouffon or buffoon, half-man, halfwoman; half-snail, half-bird; half-human, half-animal; half-animal, half-plant; half-plant, half-rock; half-rock, half-crystal; half-crystal, half-rain; half-rain, half-cloud; half-cloud, half-sky; half-sky, half-sun; half-sun, half-star; half-star, half-moon; half-moon, halfman.
- Budding from oc in random distribution owing to canonical constraints of snail syncytial translocations (sst).
- Stationary ‘adult’ morph which slips smoothly, osmotically.
- Amply girt with strapping cups of ktar, can sustain high amounts of sb without any untoward complaints, as shown by voluntary tank titration (vtt).
- Mildly thrilling aggravation, which is pulsational cyclic annual induction by spring sunlight stimulating transformation of sc to sb, is also, as I will show, synchronous with Glo Barš.
- All things, though, must pass away; all into dust shall go.
- Post-partum morosity motivating towards natural distaff cutting, culling, or trimming of somatosomic abnormality.
- What is syntax’s point but rhythm? What is syntactic orality but rhythmic human warbling? What words signify is only part of it. What wordicity and ornithicity say is that human prattling on about things is homologous to birdsong.
- Manipulation by ranging and mating taking a stand or not shot through with it.
- How fashion a conditional philosophy of minds not your own simply by positing what it is that you would think if.
- Would quoral rapacity wring from a common cunt a sort of kinship by proxy? I ask. Similar to that which glorious quarry’s pursuit should, according to various calculations, summon forth from tribadists, tribalists, and sailors.
- How maintain control in situations of virgin birth and bastardy. Blow a sappy john at random and pray it all works out.
- Viral Gaia, immunological implications of taboo, a particular motif of Mountain Fukari schizomythology posits cosmic birth from night-crawling snails, immunological boost following consumption of Moanzy showing antianthropomimicry.
- Solution to this conundrum by Raymond and Kidjaki is so far adrift as to want a sound samaritan scuttling.